Monday, October 03, 2011

French Fry Diary 277: Lay's Stax

Folks that know me personally, know, that for a variety of reasons and health issues, I take a lot of pills. It's not a big deal, and keeps me kicking, that's what counts. The problem is that not all of these pills go down easy, and some have a rather crappy aftertaste, so there are a variety of things I'll eat during taking them and afterward to kill that taste. A good jellied candy will do it, or a couple M&Ms, but sometimes I turn to one or two potato chips. The processed ones like Pringles seem to work best, but they also usually taste like crap as well.

On the recent vacation I picked up the best alternative, Stax from Lay's. Similarly packaged in a plastic can, this potato flake perfect-formed chip has two grand advantages over the Pringles. First they have weight, a little more thicker and substantial, and second, they have flavor. And if they have flavor, you kinda want to eat more. Not necessarily what I wanted in a chip on my vacation, but still a bonus.

My weapon of choice is the Mesquite Barbecue flavor, which have a wonderful smoky vibe to them. And the thickness also makes them a great dipping chip. Stax also come in original, cheddar, salt and vinegar, sour cream and onion, and ranch. They have a taste and flavor to get rid of any other bad taste in your mouth, and are a great snack anytime as well. Check 'em out.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Ray Cornwall said...

You said "Weapon of Choice"...heh heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs